Check out the latest Recipes from Bull:
This delicious grilled pepper and ham steak omelette is named after our friends at Carrdine Home Resort Product stores in San Diego, CA!
- 1 dozen cage free organic eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces ham steak
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 small red or Vidalia onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1 handful fresh chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Butter for grilling
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sour cream and avocado slices, for serving
Preheat grill to medium high. Lightly brush multi colored peppers, ham, and onion with olive oil, then place on grill and cook until everything has a light char and vegetables start to soften. Remove everything from grill and dice, add mushrooms and chives to ham and vegetable mixture.
Mix three eggs with 1 tablespoon of milk until smooth and even. Melt some butter in a cast iron pan or on grill griddle and add egg mixture. When the eggs start to lift off the pan in the middle, flip. Add 1/4 of the ham and vegetable mixture and cheese. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper then fold and continue cooking until eggs are no longer runny. Repeat process until you have 4 omelettes, serve with a dollop of sour cream, sliced avocado, or garnish of choice.