Check out the latest Recipes from Bull:
Harvest Sourdough Pancakes
Moist and tender mode on the grill top using a cast iron skillet or griddle.
- 3/4 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cage free organic egg, beaten well by fork or mixer
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons canola or other vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Powdered sugar to taste during grilling
In a large bowl, beat cage free egg and then combine the sourdough starter, water, and oil.
Combine and blend the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to sourdough starter and mix until batter is smooth.
Grill over medium high heat in cast iron pan or grill griddle until golden brown on the bottom and there are bubbles on top. Flip and grill on opposite side.
Dust with powder sugar while finishing grilling pancake for a delicious addition, when both sides are browned nicely and inside is fluffy and cooked, remove and serve!